What are the behavioral factors of ranking
A few years ago, search engines introduced an additional way to recognize quality sites. When the purchase of links became mass and black SEO flooded the expanses of the network, something urgently needed to be done. And here is the way out - social signals and behavioral factors.
We already talked about social signals in the previous block of the knowledge base. In this section we will talk specifically about behavioral factors, the list of which we will analyze in detail..
Before you think what to do with them and how to improve them, you must first figure out what they are.
List of behavioral factors
- CTR snippet. In simple words, in terms of the ratio of the number of displays of your site in the issue to the number of clicks on it. This is the very first thing search engines can pay attention to. That is why we talked about how important it is to make attractive title and description - this is your business card.
- Number (percentage) of failures. Further, if a person enters your site and leaves in less than 10 seconds, then he did not find what he was looking for there. Or your site is so incomprehensible and unattractive that it did not want stay longer.
- Time spent on the site. If the user still remains on your site, interest him so much that he spends the maximum amount of time on your site. But not because he cannot find the right service or product, but because you are interested in it. How to do this is described in the article “Usability site. Improve in 11 steps.
- Depth of views. Of course, it’s great if the user resolved his question in 2 minutes and in 1 the click hit the desired page. But you need to not only hold it, you also need to make it “walk” on the site. The more pages each user looks through, the higher your behavioral ranking factors will be. It helps a lot competent skipping inside the site.
- Is the user's pain resolved. What does it mean? This is the name of the problem with which a person accesses the search engine. It is believed that if your site has solved this pain, then it has the right to apply for first places in extradition, which is absolutely logical.
How to understand this? If the user stayed on your site for a certain time, closed it and went lower on the search, then his question was not resolved on your site. That is why you should not attract people with bright headlines that are not true, etc. - this will again add an extra minus to your behavioral factors.
- Well, of course, if a person stayed with you on the site for a long time, decided his question and even ordered something from you, now he has 2 options:
- close the site and forget about it
-add to your bookmarks and remember the name
You need to do everything so that users want to add you to their bookmarks so as not to lose the site. Not only content plays a role here, it is also the level of service and the professionalism of your employees.
But what must be is interest in site content. And we have already prepared an article on how make content interesting.
This is the main list of behavioral factors that affect search output.
Be sure to consider that they play a very important role in promotion. And although compared to all references that are understandable, these points may seem ghostly, attention to user behavior should not be neglected.
Welcome to the world of SEO. Learn with us and take your site to the TOP!