- What is the difference between 301 and 302 redirect
- 301 and 302 redirect - differences
- Redirection 301 or 302?
What is the difference between 301 and 302 redirect
Each experienced webmaster should know in which cases 301 and 302 redirect should be used.
It happens that you can use both. But most often, where the redirect 301, 302 is suitable, it is inappropriate to apply. After all, despite some similarities redirect 301 and 302, seo site optimization can go the wrong way if you don’t understand the features of using each of them.
Unlike his “close relative”, 302 redirect is only a temporary redirection to another address, which implies a return to the old version in the uncertain future.
301 and 302 redirect - differences
- When using 302 redirect "belly»And the reference weight is not transferred to the new URL. For 301 and 302 redirectes, the difference is not observed only about the transfer of traffic - in both cases, the user using the old link will always be redirected to the new page.
- 301 and 302 redirect have differences in the perception of the source page with search engines bots. If at 301 about the old page you need to forget and never try to go to it again, then 302 redirectes are an instruction not to forget and continue to index its contents regardless of the duration of the redirection.
- Impact on searchable output depending on the choice of 301 or 302 redirect - the differences will concern the termination of the display of the old page in the search results (at 301st) or the presence of both pages in them (at 302nd).
- It should be borne in mind that using 301 and 302 redirectes, difference in risk of falling under search engine filters quite substantial.
If for the 301st redirection can be punished only if targeted fraud is detected with bonding indicators and the weight of different sites, then the 302nd can often be recognized as an element that is often used in black SEO (as a type of clowaking).
- When setting 301 and 302 redirectors, there are no differences. The same commands are used.
Redirection 301 or 302?
An example of the successful use of 302 redirectations is a page with promotional offers in an online store. In order not to permanently redo the main page filled with content and promoted in search engines, you can temporarily redirect it to pages with lists of fresh promotions that can change even daily.
Also you should opt for the 302nd redirection if:
- the source page should be hidden from the eyes of visitors (are at the stage of refinement or introduction of changes);
- it is important that the old page continues to index;
- users need to see only a new page;
- not critically lack of indexation of the final page;
- links are placed on the source page, which should continue to be indexed;
- the target page will change often.
If you correctly understand the appropriateness of use, 301 and 302 redirectors can become indispensable assistants to the webmaster, who constantly works to optimize and promote the site, makes significant changes to it and does not want to lose the results achieved.
Any questions left? Ask them in the comments and we will definitely help you figure it out!