- Semantic site markup as a way to improve its appearance in search
- Why do I need semantic page markup
- Ways to create micro-labeling
- Checking the correctness of the semantic layout of the site
- Brief debriefing
Semantic site markup as a way to improve its appearance in search
Successful SEO optimizers use a wide variety of promotion secrets sites that we have mentioned more than once.
This time we will tell you another one of them - about the phenomenon now popular in site building, known as the semantic layout of the site.
Semantic markup (aka micro-label) is a reliable way to inform search robots about what information they can extract from the web resource page.
Why do I need semantic page markup
By adding micro-label elements to the HTML code, you can help the search robot analyze the site page and prepare its advanced description for display in the search results. This will ensure that important information (data on images, videos, films, dictionary entries, recipes, organizations) is extracted correctly.
For example, this may be a clue to the fact that a set of letters and numbers found on the page is actually the address of the organization.
Without such a classification of data, the indexed type of content may be determined incorrectly.
Besides, this data will better tell users of search engines about your web resource and increase the chances of turning them into potential customers. Moreover, this influence will extend not only to the general search, but also to the search for pictures, videos and maps.
Microshetics of pages allows you to attract targeted visitors to sites. With its help are formed extended snippets.
Ways to create micro-labeling
To fully organize the semantic layout of the pages, you will need to study Schema.org, implement the code on the website and then check its performance.
Schema.org is by far the most common standard for semantic page markup, which has been supported by all popular search engines since 2011.
Before choosing a micro-label option and adding it to the site, you need to make sure that it is supported by search engines of interest to you. This can be done in the services they provide for webmasters.
After that, you must add the selected markup option in one of the ways:
- Implementation of special attributes (itemscope, itemtype, itemprop) in HTML code. For example, a contact data block wrapped in a container indicating a markup scheme will look like this:
- A simpler option to add micro-label - use Google’s specialized tool called Marker. In this case, no special knowledge is required, it is enough, only using this service, to select the necessary data arrays with the cursor and indicate their type.
Checking the correctness of the semantic layout of the site
- To check for the correct semantic markup in Yandex, You need to use a special tool in Webmaster (“Micro-unit”). For example, for one culinary site, checking micro-label will look like this:
And this is how it looks like, supplemented by the same semantic markup, in Yandex directly in the search output:
After adding semantic site markings, advanced sub-opgets begin to appear in search only after it is re-indexed and checked by moderators. Usually this process takes about two weeks.
- Micro-displaying in Google performed using the Structured Data Testing Tool. Here you can check its presence and get acquainted with the errors in it (if present).
But even with a positive result of the check, you can not be completely sure about the conclusion of the advanced sub-scenet in the search results, since the system itself decides on the correctness of its output for each individual request.
Semantic page layout additionally attracts the attention of search engine users and gives them the opportunity to familiarize themselves in more detail with the result displayed in the output before directly switching to it. And therefore, the number of transitions increases, which clearly has a positive effect on the conversion and promotion of your website.
Perhaps you already have experience using micro-label to improve the display of the site in search results. What difficulties did you encounter? Tell us about it in the comments!