- What you need to know about the level of page congestion
- How to choose the optimal level of website page overlay
- The attachment of the pages of the site. Logical conclusions
What you need to know about the level of page congestion
Correct site structure is one of the main conditions for its successful promotion. After all, the convenience of orienting the user on the site is significantly dependent behavioral factors. A special role in this case is played by the level of page nesting.
A little theory for those who are not familiar with this term:
The page attachment level is the minimum number of clicks performed by the user when moving to the target page from the main one, plus one.
Another popular option for determining the level of nesting (HC) is the number of slaps in its URL + 1. But this is not always true, since there may be a shorter path.
The main page always corresponds to 1 -th UV.
How to choose the optimal level of website page overlay
You should always strive to ensure that the web pages are minimally possible if this does not cause harm site usability.
The more transition stages, the more HC and the more the site structure will be confused. This is bad not only from the point of view of visitors, but also from search engines.
For user this complicates the search for information and navigation. As a result, he can leave the web resource without finding what he wanted.
For search engines - because the page indexing procedure takes more time. With a very large level of page overlay on the site, some of them may completely remain undeveloped, since search engines will consider them less important.
Recommended UV depth depending on page types:
- 2 HC (when each of the existing pages can be accessed from the main link) - the main categories and sections, new articles (3 - 4 pcs) or the most sold goods (up to 50 pcs);
- 3 HC - subcategories of goods / services or goods / services, if there is no division into subcategories, articles;
- 4 HC - goods / services, if there is a division into subcategories, articles.
The level of overlay of the pages of the site also affects the value and, accordingly, the cost of the link from it. The smaller the HC, the more expensive the link may cost.
This can be important for those who earn on paid links to their sites.
In this case, sometimes you use the trick in the form of creating a page (and adding it to the main menu), which contains links to all other existing pages. As a result, they will all have UV = 3.
It turns out a certain analogue site maps, which, in addition to formally increasing the attachment levels of the placed deep pages, can be used by the visitor to search for the necessary information if he failed using the regular menu.
The attachment of the pages of the site. Logical conclusions
- The priority of the pages when indexing by search bots depends on the nesting. The more HC, the less its priority.
- The weight of the site is distributed across all pages participating in skipping, also depending on their HC. The deeper the page is, the less it has weight.
- The larger the UV has a page, the more difficult it is to promote it in the search results.
- Pages should be enclosed in sections and subsections taking into account the semantic load. This simplifies the search for information by visitors and is taken into account by search engines when assessing the level of optimization of the site structure.
Regardless of the purpose of the existence of your web resource, the HC of its pages is precisely the moment that cannot be ignored, otherwise you can not even dream of getting into the TOP. Because your immediate competitors have already taken care of the optimal level of web page congestion.
And what is the maximum UV of the pages of your site?