- Is site adaptability really important
- Website Adaptation Vs Mobile Version
- The impact of site adaptability on ranking
- Correct site validation for adaptability
- How to improve site adaptability
- Summing up...
Is site adaptability really important
Do you know what site adaptability is? If so, great!
If not, absorb information!
So, let's start.
The adaptability of the site is its ability to correctly display various devices on screens. Correct display means that it should not only be displayed, but also be convenient for viewing without unnecessary actions on the part of the user (scaling, scrolling, etc.).
Why is this worth paying attention? There are at least three reasons:
- Variety of devices, with which the user can access your web resource increases daily. And on each of them it can be displayed differently or in the worst case - not to be available for use at all.
- Mobile fracture. In 2013, an excess of the number of visits to sites around the world was recorded using mobile devices compared to using PCs.
This became a signal that mobile users can no longer be ignored and the adaptability of the site becomes one of the most important requirements for it. After all, such visitors can make up a significant part of your traffic or even be the main audience.
- Competition. Of course, if your web resource is poorly or not displayed on devices with low resolution, you can always use a computer. But you will agree that it is much easier for the user to choose another option from the search engine, which will be created taking into account the influence of the adaptive layout, and never to return to your site again.
Website Adaptation Vs Mobile Version
Of course, you may object that the impact of the adaptive layout of the site is too exaggerated. Why adjust one web resource for all devices if you can optimize it for a PC, and for mobile devices to make a mobile version as an application and not worry about such things, how to check the site for adaptability?
Yes, you can do this, but:
- Then will have to create an application for each operating system, which are used in mobile devices. And this is quite costly in terms of temporary and monetary resources.
- Will appear unnecessary user actions as the need to download mobile application. Not everyone wants to do this. To do this, he must be too interested in your site in order to purposefully install its mobile version as an application.
- Separation of traffic. From the point of view of search engines, this is a very bad phenomenon that will negatively affect site promotion. After all, the number of visitors will be divided between the site and different versions of applications, which the search engine most likely will not even know about.
- Need for synchronization applications with the main web resource. There is also the option of separately filling the mobile application with content, but it is even more costly.
As you see, ignoring the influence of an adaptive layout is difficult enough. If the site is adaptive at the highest level, then you can forget about mobile applications and focus on the development, filling and promotion of only one main resource.
The impact of site adaptability on ranking
Oddly enough, but search results for the same request entered into the search bar on different devices, significantly different.
If in browsers on computers only standard factors (behavioral, social, utility etc.), then when using gadgets, search engines can move search results higher or lower depending on site optimization under certain devices.
Therefore, the impact of adaptability on extradition cannot be considered exaggerated. This is a really existing well-known fact.
Correct site validation for adaptability
In order to properly check the site for adaptability, you need:
- Verification display correctness in all popular browsers.
- Check site for adaptability when using various devices (telephone, smartphone, tablet, PC), which, in addition to screen sizes, also differ in installed operating systems.
- Confidence that he correctly displayed and convenient to use with all possible screen resolutions.
Of course, all these checks cannot be performed separately. They will have to be combined.
In addition, checking the site for adaptability on all possible devices is something from the field of science fiction. Few can afford to buy a large number of gadgets for this purpose.
Therefore it is worth check all available devices, and then trust device emulators or online services site checks for adaptability.
In the case of emulators, you will also have to work hard - installing software for emulating individual devices takes time. Although it is much cheaper than buying real gadgets.
You can speed up the necessary checks using online services.
There are simpler options that only approximately make it possible to understand how your web resource will look on devices from a certain category (telephone, smartphone, tablet).
And there is more substantial, in which it is possible to choose the emulation of the site display on a particular device.
Similar services, of course, cannot guarantee, that on the real device everything will be displayed in the same way as in the results of the test issued by them. But in any case, it is better than nothing.
It is better to at least in this way check the influence of the adaptive layout than not to do it at all and as a result to lose such valuable visitors from devices that you will not take into account.
How to improve site adaptability
Improving this ability completely and completely falls on the shoulders of programmers, who are engaged in the layout of your web resource. You can only express your wishes and pay their work on time.
And they, in turn, will have to make sure that:
- the design of the site was automatically adjusted to the correct display with various screen resolutions;
- the site was checked for adaptability automatically when launched on an unused device before, and in case of problems, the specialist responsible for it was notified;
- Pictures could automatically shrink and increase depending on the width of the screen;
- fonts are scaled to sizes at which it will be convenient to perceive text on a particular device content etc. etc.
To be honest, this topic is already for a completely different article for a narrower circle of specialists.
... we can once again say that the adaptability of the site is a very important factor that can affect not only the number of its visitors, but also its promotion generally.
The progressive distribution of various devices with the widest variation in the operating systems used, the size and resolution of the screens should lead you to take appropriate measures, given the significant impact of adaptive layout of web resources.
You can ask questions in the comments. We do not mind :)