- How to compile a semantic core of the site
- Where to start collecting the semantic core
- Key Query Selection
- Site semantics collection result
How to compile a semantic core of the site
Before starting to resolve the issue of “How to compile a semantic core”, it is important to understand what it is.
The semantic core of the site is a database of requests (words and phrases) that are embedded in the texts of the pages of the site with the aim of further promoting it. The most effective option would be to create separate pages for each main request.
These words and phrases (keys) must be fully match site theme, and also have a number of other characteristics (frequency, no errors, etc.).
Where to start collecting the semantic core
To begin with, you need to determine in what form the base of key phrases will be organized. It is most convenient to compile it in the form of a table in Excel or Google documents (further). In other words, it will be a content plan - a list of keywords for the pages of the site that should be present for successful promotion. Here is a good example of design:
Key Query Selection
This stage is the most important, but it may seem very painstaking to some. Indeed, filling out the content plan with key requests must be approached very responsibly. Identifying the most competitive key phrases will increase attendance target site, while significantly saving money.
So, how to select keywords to properly compile a semantic core? There are several ways to obtain them (it is advisable to use everything):
- Analysis of the subject of the site (the direction of the company that the site advertises, etc.) and the independent compilation of a list of requests by which users may search. With a high probability, part of this list will end up low frequency queries. This will be adjusted in one of the following stages.
- Synonymization. Sometimes you can make keywords by replacing individual parts of the phrase with synonyms. For example, the key “how to build a house” can be transformed into “how to build a house”.
- Tips when entering in a search bar, they will help expand the existing key base.
- Learning Competitors Sites will also allow you to collect semantics and significantly increase the volume of the site’s kernel. For example, if you enter one of the key phrases in the search engine, the results of the request will include sites that are in the TOP. Looking through their headlines, you can find unaccounted keys.
With the help Serpstat you can analyze the keywords of any competitor. To do this, you need to insert the competitor’s link into the service and open the “Domain Analysis - SEO Analysis - Positions” tool.
The “Site Tree” tool shows a page distribution of keywords on the site.
“Domain Comparison” compares the three domains and finds phrases that competitors use in the semantic core, but you do not.
- Using tools like Yandex Wordstat, Google Keyword Planner. Presented as sites where you can work online. For those who care about compiling the semantic core of the site according to the principle “Simple use and cost savings”, perfect Yandex Wordstat. Full use of this service is possible after installing the appropriate extension for the browser.
After that you can start checking key requests, that were obtained as a result of using all previous methods. The user has available statistics on the number of requests, related words and phrases (secondary keys), as well as similar ones, which also need to be analyzed to supplement the content plan.
In the process, unnecessary requests are discarded due to the low number of impressions and the list is supplemented by new key phrases found. In order to properly compile semantics, keys that are not suitable for the meaning of the meaning that may attract an inappropriate audience should be avoided. Phrases with errors and typos can only be used in a corrected form.
- Paid programs and sites like Key Collector, Rookee, Magadan. These tools have a number of advantages, including analysis of the semantic core of the site, automation of query search and the broadest functionality that will help you choose semantics and at the same time save time and effort. Suitable for owners of large projects who are ready to spend money on promoting their resource.
Site semantics collection result
By combining all of the above methods of filling the content plan with key requests, you can compile a high-quality semantic core of the site, which will be a guarantee of the effective promotion of the target resource. Of course, for this you will have to work it out, creating pages for each key request and filling them out quality content. But we will talk about this in another article.