- How to configure site indexing in Google and Yandex
- 2 the easiest way to add a site to the search engine index
- How else can you configure site indexing
- If there is no result
How to configure site indexing in Google and Yandex
For those who don’t know where to start promotion of a new site we will talk about the most important first step. About how to add a site to indexation.
When a new web resource appears on the Internet, search engines may not be aware of its existence for a very long time, especially if it does not have an external reference mass. Therefore, you need to help them by reporting the fact of the appearance, and perhaps a little speed up site indexing.
2 the easiest way to add a site to the search engine index
- Google Search Console. By typing these three words in the search bar, you will be one step closer to setting up the indexation of the site on Google. By entering this service (using your gmail account), you will see a window in which you will be asked to enter an address to add the site to indexing.
The next step before you go through the indexing of the site will be confirmation that you own it. This condition can be met in several ways. For example, download the proposed HTML file to the root of your web resource.
In case of successful verification, you will see a message with a congratulation on the confirmation of ownership of the specified web resource.
In this completely uncomplicated way, you can add a site to the Google search engine index. Some time after successful registration, the corresponding section of the Search console will be displayed number of pages in the index and possible problems with this process.
There you will find many more useful tools for the webmaster to follow the statistics of the promotion of your resource.
- Yandex. Webmaster. You probably already guess how to get the indexing of the site in Yandex. To do this, you will need to perform actions similar to those described above, namely:
- Registration in Yandex. Webmaster using the existing email account of the search giant of the same name.
- Enter an address to add a site to the search engine index.
- Go through the procedure for confirming ownership of the specified web resource. Like the Google Search Console, this can be done by downloading the proposed file to the root folder of the web resource or by choosing one of the other ways. For example, place a meta tag in the code of its main page.
- After successfully completing the verification of ownership, it will be possible to index the site in Yandex, well, or at least queue this procedure:
- Some time later, after the first visit of Yandex-bot to your web resource, in the “Pages in Search” section, you can see the total number of indexed pages and check some of them for the fact of getting into the index.
How else can you configure site indexing
Talking about the “tune” of indexation is a little wrong. After all, in fact, you can only create the most favorable conditions to add a site to the index. Regardless of the actions taken, the search engines themselves decide on the need for this.
Favorable conditions also include the creation of groups and public relations dedicated to your web resource in social networks. This will allow you to get the first external links and visitors, thereby starting the formation social factors a web resource that could well be the reason why search engines will pay attention to it.
In particular, registering and conducting activities on Google+ can help add a site to indexing the search engine of the same name.
If there is no result
If the implementation of all of the above actions does not give positive results and indexation does not happen after a long time, you should think about the possible reasons. Read more about this in the material “5 reasons - why the site is not indexed.
And whatever the reasons, they will need to be dealt with. Since if you do not add the site to indexation, the waste of effort on further promotion will be completely meaningless.