- How to draw up a phased plan for creating a site
- The correct work plan for creating a site
- One more point
How to draw up a phased plan for creating a site
So, you decided to acquire your own web resource. But at the same time, you don’t really know where to start developing the site. Right?
Well, that is, you seem to understand in general terms where the creation of the site begins, but you cannot draw up a specific action plan yet. This wording is more correct, isn't it?
In this article you will find a detailed description of the stages of creating the site, as well as preparation for its promotion, which it is desirable to start performing at the very beginning. Well, let's not pull the rubber, get down to business!
The correct work plan for creating a site
- Choosing the topics of the future web resource and defining the main goals, which you want to achieve by creating it is a foundation without laying which, you will not be able to start developing the site.
Why do you need a website and what functions will it perform (for example, represent you on the network, offer services, sell goods)? This question needs to be asked first. So you will understand what your web resource should become - blog, business card, online store, news site, etc.
Next, you need to decide on the information segment that you plan to master. The selected topic will ultimately affect all subsequent stages of creating the site.
- Decide who will be involved in the subsequent stages of creating the site. - You are directly or it is planned to attract specialists in design, layout, promotion, content creation, etc.
Given the decision, it will be necessary to adjust to further points in terms of work on creating a site, which will only generally describe what needs to be done at each stage.
- Choose the most suitable for your CMS goals and requirements (“move”), with the help of which all subsequent interaction with the site will be carried out, starting with working with the code, layout, development and “pulling” of the design, building the planned structure and ending with filling out its pages with content, further support for working capacity and even promotion.
For beginners and those who want to save money, WordPress or Joomla are quite suitable, which allow you to start developing a site without much knowledge in programming, since they are made in the form of convenient designers.
More advanced webmasters should pay attention to Drupal and 1C-Bitrix (paid), when working with which you can not do without certain technical knowledge.
- Another point without which the creation of the site does not begin - competitor analysis, which will allow to figure out what qualities he should have. This will help evaluate and take into account the good points of competitive web resources and avoid the use of failed ones.
- Conducting marketing research will give an understanding of which target audience should be guided by in the subsequent stages of creating the site.
- Think about promoting an unfinished website need in advance. First thing - make up a semantic core (CU) taking into account the data that were obtained in the process of analyzing competitors and the target audience. The collected keywords will be useful not only when creating content in the future, but also at the next stage of creating the site.
- Site structure. Before you directly begin developing the site, you need to think through its structure to the smallest detail. What sections are planned? How many pages and their total nesting levels? Which type of menu (horizontal, vertical, drop-down) is better? A thorough study of the SJ and query clustering from him.
If visitors need to register and start an account on your website, you may need to arrange for a personal account. Also, depending on the chosen type of site, it may be necessary to “twist” a payment system on it.
Do not forget about additional site navigation elements. It is worthwhile to foresee "bread crumbs" to simplify orientation of future visitors.
If there are many sections, subsections and pages, it may be worthwhile to draw up a map of the site. Although if there are few materials, the standard menu will be enough.
Do not forget as you plan all the nuances to write on paper or store in files on a computer. The main thing is not to hope to keep the entire phased plan for creating a site in your head.
It’s better to sketch the structure itself in graphical form, for example, using Mind Map mental cards.
- Develop site design you can both yourself and with the help of a professional designer who will do this taking into account current trends in the plan of web design, without forgetting about your wishes.
At this stage, it is necessary not only to form a general graphical representation of the created web resource (build a layout), but also to develop a logo and name (brand), which you will rely on in the future when spinning.
- Everything that was included in the work plan for creating the site until the current moment, you need to be made up, those. finally bring to life. It’s better to entrust this point to an experienced web programmer if you yourself are not.
The next stage should be moved only after testing and validating the site in order to identify errors that may affect its performance.
- Choose a domain name, corresponding to the name of the site, make sure it is available and purchase.
- Determine the one you need to store files and ensure uninterrupted operation hosting view and enter into an agreement with a host company, which will provide this service.
- Plain on hosting almost completes the work plan for creating the site. If this procedure is actually too difficult to complete, tech support of the hoster will usually help to implement it.
Immediately after your web resource is published and made available on its domain name, you should completely close it from indexing by search robots using appropriate settings in robots.txt.
- Content filling and internal optimization - The next stage of creating a site, which in fact is already preparing it for promotion.
As soon as the first 10–20 completed pages are created, you can open them for indexing by search engines. This moment should not be postponed, since there will always be something that will make the site seem unprepared and in the end you can never open it like that.
- External optimization completes the work plan for creating the site, providing it with a reference mass. Without it, full promotion of a new site in search engines is simply impossible.
One more point
Before you start developing the site, make at least an approximate estimate, taking into account the possible cost of performing all the listed stages of work, to make sure your financial capabilities.
Agree, it will be very unpleasant to understand that you, for example, will not be able to pay the audience for promoting the created website. After all, in this case, the meaning of its existence will be lost, since potential visitors simply will not know about it.
This must be done because, faced with similar difficulties, many postpone further stages of creating a site for the future so that with a high degree of probability it will never return to this again.
We hope that after reading the article you will have questions that we would gladly answer in the comment block below it.