- Netpeak Spider is the perfect tool for finding errors on the site.
- How Netpeak Spider Tools May Be Useful
- Preparing for Netpeak Spider
- Direct use of Netpeak Spider tools
Netpeak Spider is the perfect tool for finding errors on the site.
Among all our reviews on life-saving services for webmasters and optimizers, there has so far been no one specializing in technical auditing. Seeking to correct this annoying oversight, we present to your attention a review of the Netpeak Spider tools.
The Netpeak Spider program is a unique solution that allows you to analyze the site and find all possible errors that can affect its robot and optimization for search engines, with the aim of further eliminating them.
How Netpeak Spider Tools May Be Useful
Before we start disassembling Netpeak Spider and how to use it, let's go through the main points of its capabilities:
- Scan the website and unload the basic parameters related to SEO using the program robot.
- Search for errors in the code, broken links, misedged redirectes, duplicate content, title, description and other unacceptable misunderstandings that adversely affect the promotion of the site in search engines.
- Analysis of the reference mass (external and internal) of the website in general and for each of its separate pages.
- An extensive range of settings for all checks performed.
- Download the received data to files for further work with them in Excel.
Preparing for Netpeak Spider
In order to start working directly with the program, a number of preparatory actions will be required:
- First thing you need pay a visit to the official website of the developer and decide on the option of getting a Netpeak Spider - to buy or try a 14-day free trial.
- Regardless of the choice made, at the next step you will be asked register, by specifying your e-mail and password or using your Facebook / Google+ account.
- Immediately after registration, you will be redirected to your account office, where the default tab (Dashboard) will need to use the Netpeak Launcher download button.
- After downloading and installing the lounger, you will have the opportunity to install the available programs - Netpeak Spider or Netpeak Checker (another useful utility with which you can perform a comprehensive SEO analysis of website optimization).
- Since in this article we consider the technical audit of the site, then select Netpeak Spider for installation.
Direct use of Netpeak Spider tools
After installation, the program will start and offer to indicate the address of the site that you want to check for technical errors in terms of SEO. Indicate the URL of the site and click “Start”.
Scanning itself usually occurs quite quickly, but the duration may vary depending on the number of pages and content on the website being checked.
The updated version of Netpeak Spider 3.0 has a very useful feature - the ability pause site scan and continue after a while. To do this, during the scan, click “Pause”, then save the project (Ctrl + S) and the next time you start the program, open the saved file (Ctrl + O) and press “Start” again.
In tab “Dashboard” during scanning, a summary with settings and information about the scan progress is displayed. When the scan is completed or you stop it, graphs and charts with insides about scanned pages will be presented in this tab.
By clicking on one of the parameters in the diagram, you can filter the values.
In tab “All results” the analysis will be presented in tabular form. In this case, each line corresponds to the URL of the existing page, and the columns are the analyzed parameters:
- server response code;
- type of content;
- number of errors detected;
- server response time;
- content loading time;
- title and description scanned pages;
- instructions to search robots in Robots.txt (allowed or prohibited for indexing);
- the number of incoming and outgoing page links (internal and external) and many other data, etc.
Scan options can be changed both before analysis and during. To do this, go to the “Parameters” tab and check / uncheck for certain values.
All errors detected during scanning are listed in the panel located on the right (Reports > Errors). They are categorized - errors of high, medium and low criticality. Most often, when scanning by Netpeak Spider, it is detected:
- missing or too long description;
- duplicating h1;
- empty alt image attribute;
- exceeding the recommended size of the pictures;
- too long time to receive a response from the server;
- non-optimal length h1;
- non-optimal number of outgoing or incoming links.
By clicking on one of the error categories, you will see a list of pages on which the detected problem is present in the tab “Filtered Results”. You can also go from the opposite and click (by double click) in the page report on the number of errors in each line to see what problems relate directly to each of them.
For example, you passed the report to one of the categories to the programmer to eliminate errors. After correction, it will be necessary to double-check his work. To do this, being in the filtered table, right-click on the screen, select Current Table > Re-scan table (Ctrl + Shift + R). You can also scan only one site URL (Ctrl + R) if the error is fixed on only one page.
Also in the updated version of Netpeak Spider 3.0 there is a useful function - data segmentation, which allows you to change the appearance of the information provided and filter it according to certain parameters.
For example, you need to look at which pages of the site there are errors of high criticality. In the side menu, select “High Criticism”, then click “Apply as a segment”. Then, the data in the “Dashboard” tab, error reports, and the structure of the site will change from the applied filter.
Analyzed reports can be unloaded. as a .xlsx file using the "Export" button to be able to continue working with them in Excel.
It is possible to export all available reports and special reports on certain error parameters. You can also unload all internal and external links, as well as all unique URLs and link anchors.
Well, that's all. Using Netpeak Spider tools, you can find all the problems of optimizing your website (from a technical point of view), and then the matter will become small - it will be necessary to correct them and try not to make such mistakes in the future.