- What is SERM
- Why do I need SERM reputation management
- How SERM Works: Reputation Management Stages
- Advantages and disadvantages of SERM
What is SERM
SERM - a tool internet marketing, aimed at improving the reputation of a company or person in search engines. It is part of ORM (from English. Online Reputation Management) - managing the brand’s reputation throughout the Internet community.
Search Engine Reputation Management, as the abbreviation SERM stands for, in translation means “replacement management in search engines. The focus of this method is exclusively searchable output and the attitude that is formed among users of search engines in the process of studying information about the company.
Why do I need SERM reputation management
Tasks solved with SERM:
- creating a positive image of a new project, company, brand or product from search engine users;
- improving the reputation of the company / brand in the presence of negative reviews;
- heating interest in products or project;
- stimulation of demand for goods;
- establishing contacts with real customers and obtaining reliable information about what needs to be improved in work or products;
- increased attractiveness of the company for possible partners and investors;
- tracking feedback paid by competitors and negative information entry and timely fight against them.
Even the achieved intermediate results indicate that a marketing method such as SERM allows you to manage the reputation of the Internet project and get additional benefits. For example, customer feedback helps detect and correct deficiencies, and the stimulation of demand - increase conversion.
How SERM Works: Reputation Management Stages
- Assessment of the company's current reputation in search engine output
Results analysis TOP issue, search for information about the company in user reviews, comments and ratings, determining the strengths and weaknesses of the brand, evaluating authorship, etc.
- Analysis of the upper points of issue
Collection of information about leading competitors, their positioning, promotion policies and work on their own image. Search for interesting solutions and opportunities for advancement.
- Creating a SERM Strategy
Planning actions to improve the reputation, finding sources for publishing positive-forming materials, identifying sites and directions for work.
- Content preparation and publication
Formation of a list of effective keywords, creation content different format, optimized under them. Processing and posting responses to user reviews and comments.
- Checking intermediate results
Regular monitoring of the dynamics of search issuance and prompt adjustment in case of negative consequences.
- Summing up
Analysis of changes in the issuance: short-term results will appear after 1 - 3 months, long-term - 6 - 8 months. Comparison of the data with the initial indicators and plans of SERM.
One of the tools SERM is spindooring, which can be used both to improve one’s own reputation and to lower the image of competitors.
Advantages and disadvantages of SERM
- Creating conditions for the formation of a good reputation of the company in search engine output;
- The exclusion of negative, defaming the name of the company information, affecting not the decision of potential customers and partners on cooperation;
- The ability to evaluate the company's activities and product quality from the perspective of users;
- Improving conversion rates;
- Positive impact on SEO promotion and site position in searchable output.
- This is a time-consuming process;
- To create a positive image of a company, SERM alone is not enough, it is necessary to work on other aspects that affect the reputation;
- Unpredictability of the result due to constant change search engine ranking algorithms, the emergence of new sources of information about the company and the work of competitors.